Sunday, January 2, 2011

...A Bar on St. Mark's Place. New York, NY.

I'm a little bit useless right now. Lily's in the other room crying because her hair coloring whatchamacallit from the store didn't work out like she wanted and now she's yelling that nobody is ever going to love her.

Ughhh... was I like this at 13? I mean... no, I wasn't a girl... I didn't have issues with dying my hair. There was that time in my twenties when I dyed it all black for a summer... that was stupid. I think that's when my hair started thinning, but I can't prove it.

Anyway... her mother's in there trying to console her... I've been demoted to the living room because I couldn't keep a straight face through the whole ordeal. Does that make me a bad father? I don't know... It makes me human, I guess. I've never been good at holding that sort of thing in... the smirk... when I was in college and those girls with pitch issues came up to sing... it showed all over my face.

My wife had the cable guys cancel the service again... because we found ourselves spending too much time in front of the TV and she didn't like it... so it's back to dueling New Yorker magazines and crosswords at bed time. Works for me though... I always liked that better, anyway.

Oh man... she so loud in there! I wish I could just tell her... well no, I can tell her just fine... but I wish I could make her understand that all this stupid drama goes away... it gets forgotten.

For now though... I guess I'll let it be the end of the world for one night. Her and her newfound, haha, pink and blue streaks will be better in the morning.

That's all for now.

-e.-

No comments:

Post a Comment