Tuesday, January 11, 2011

...A Starbucks Near Columbia. NY, NY.

Gordon would call it the Liminal space. This place I'm in. The in-between feeling after the ending of one thing and the beginning of the next.

Or is it? I mean... I'm doing something with my life... working for FLI, doing good work for these kids, this community (or at least intending to... still need to work on some of my own flaws to better serve them, but working on it.)

But I'm coming upon this realization that maybe I know where I need to go after this job.

And it's not the road I thought I would take. It is... at both ends both practical and impractical, both mature and self serving... so how do I reconcile those forces?

I shouldn't muddle about... the point is that I think, for now at least, I'm deciding not to return to the stage in July. At the end of this stage of my life... this job... I think I'll be going for another. Entering the working world, getting my own place and setting down some roots--in Brooklyn, hopefully. I'll be taking the GRE's and applying for Grad Schools and studying... to be a playwright. To be a better, productive, adult playwright. Like Joel Drake Johnson, or Kat Walat, or any of the other great teachers that have molded my craft.

No matter where I go, though, the time has most certainly come for me to find my voice, speak/write the truth and see where it takes me.

I'm scared. Is that good? I hope.

That's all for now.

-e.-

No comments:

Post a Comment