Thursday, March 11, 2010

...a Parking Lot in Cleveland

I smell like old jacket. Or new jacket. I guess it depends on the kind of jacket. Anyway, I'm out here in this parking lot outside of Red Roof Inn and I'm enjoying the warmcold, it's my favorite sort of weather. It's not hot, it's not freezing... it's just... pleasant. I think the stars are making fun of me... hiding up above a thin veil of clouds in one of the few places on my trip I'd actually get a chance glimpse at them. Damn you celestial bodies!!!

Anyway, I've never actually sat in a parking lot in only socks, pants, and a shirt before... you know, given it the old beach treatment. I must say... it's kind of refreshing. Looking at the tire tracks, the unwashed tar, dirt mixing with paint mixing with grease.... something oddly nostalgic about the whole thing.

i wonder what would happen if dogs and humans switched habits for a day. just a thought. i could chase cars and piss outdoors for an afternoon... Scruffy could do my taxes. pretty sweet deal, in my estimation.

there's a lone camaro in this lot. the red kind (i think they stopped making them in any other color, because anything else just looks bogus). I'm imagining this car belonging to some affair having man... that would be exciting... to know that there was some tawdry affair having business just 10 feet away from me that I could be party to... if I really wanted to. But, alas, I don't. So... that mystery goes unsolved.

By the way, to those of you joining me today, for this read, please understand that you can expect this sort of rambling every single post. If it's not your style, then don't worry about it. Change your style. It's easy and more fun my way.

Speaking of my way... I thought about the expression, it's my way or the highway... now, could one offer that up as a legitimate direction in a driving situation? Such as:

Bob: well, your way takes an hour and we have to spend most of it passing harems and strip malls...
Jim: it's my way, or the highway.
Bob: well, then I suppose the highway would be best... as it is the faster route and it also has the benefit of avoiding the whorehouses.
Jim: you know Bob, you're right.
Bob: thanks Jim, you're pretty okay, though.
Jim: let's kiss.

Anyway, it's possible is all I'm saying.

Okay, well... that's all for now. See you soon!

1 comment: